Feb 12, 2019 | 11:00 AM | Tuesday
YWCA Greater Austin
Community: South Congress
ANXIETY. This is a term we are all familiar with, but what does it really mean? How do we as parents, educators, healthcare providers, and community members recognize anxiety in children and teens? How do we know when it is actually a problem? Furthermore, how do we tre
To help address these concerns, we invite you to our presentation on Pediatric Anxiety! Together, we will explore these questions and more through a didactic presentation, small and large group discussions, and interactive exercises. We aim to help you to feel more comfortable identifying, talking about, and working with anxiety in young populations. Features of this presentation will include:
- Descriptions of the various anxiety disorders of childhood.
- Tips on how to recognize symptoms of anxiety in children and teens.
- Tips on how to determine when a child or teen is having a developmentally-appropriate response to a stressor vs when it is time to seek clinical attention.
- An overview of evidence-based treatments for pediatric anxiety.
- Case illustrations, small and large group discussions, interactive exercises, Q&A time.
*3 CEU Hours
Upcoming Events at YWCA Greater Austin
Also See other Events Listed in Austin
at Athletic Outcomes Help and healing on the spiritual path - Documentary Film Jan 20 | 11:30 AM | Sunday
at People's Pharmacy