Upcoming Events at
QueerTowne's Pride Month Party
at ColdTowne Theater
Summer's here and we're still queer! As National Pride Month comes to a close, QueerTowne returns to the ColdTowne stage with femme dad Mase Kerwick and special guest host Irielle Wesley.
Jan 27, 2019 | 5:00 PM | Sunday
Interested in performing improv comedy with your peers? Excused Absence Comedy offers kids and teens the opportunity to join an improv troupe that rehearses weekly and performs at ColdTowne Theater during our All Ages Excused Absence Night shows.
The audition itself is low pressure and fun. Students should come dressed in comfortable clothing and be prepared to move around. We suggest bringing a water bottle. Youth troupes differ from our weekly classes in the following ways:
- Troupes are created based on experience levels, complementary skill sets and personalities with the intention of creating a specific show format over the course of the semester. Classes are open to all who wish to register and focus on developing general improv skill sets.
- Troupes and classes both have the opportunity to perform multiple times each semester.
- Troupe rehearsals are scheduled according to the groups availability. Class times are decided prior to the start of the semester and remain fixed.
- Troupes have the option to continue together in future semesters. Classes are completed at the end of each semester.
- The cost is roughly equal for both.
- The number of students/performers in both classes and troupes is between 4 and 14 people. The number often hinges on the style of work that class will engage in.
Sound like fun? Want to get ahead of the pack? Fill out this Google prior to the audition and we'll be super grateful. https://goo.gl/forms/ss73wHDxGP1OzixL2