Upcoming Events at
Jan 25, 2019 | 7:30 PM | Friday
Please join Pete Reid Law and the Entertainment & Sports Law Section of the Austin Bar Association for their annual celebration of poetry, song, and the life of Robert Burns. This will be our fifth year at the Clay Pit, and again we will be upstairs in the bigger room k
Ticket price will include a delicious 3-course meal, "haggis", and two drink tickets.
The event will also feature guest speakers and a return performance of Scottish music by Leslie Sisson of Moving Panoramas.
We will again be raising money to benefit local charities.
As you know by now, Robert Burns was an 18th Century Scottish poet and lyricist who has served as an icon and inspiration for generations of artists, social activists, and cultural reformers throughout the world.
Every year, on or around his birthday, celebrants meet up to honor his memory at a Burns Supper, which involves the eating of a traditional Scottish meal, the drinking of Scotch whisky, and the recitation of works by, about, and in the spirit of Burns.
As there are still no restaurants in Austin that have haggis on the menu, we will instead gather again to enjoy Scotland’s other traditional dish – the curry – at The Clay Pit, 1601 Guadalupe Street, on Friday January 25th, 2019 at 6.30pm.
The evening will likely include:
• 630pm-7pm: Proceed directly upstairs to the bar at Bertram Hall;
• 7pm: Guests take their seats for Dinner, and a Welcome by host, Pete Reid;
• Speakers will then Address the Haggis and recite the Selkirk Grace;
• Guests will enjoy a fabulous 3-course set-menu dinner (vegetarian options available);
• After-Dinner speeches will include “A Toast to the Lassies”, a “Reply from the Lassies”, and Pete Reid’s traditional “Immortal Memory of Robert Burns”;
• There will also be renditions of poetry and songs by guests;
• The evening will likely be headlined with a song or two by Leslie Sisson of Moving Panoramas.
Buy tickets now!
Space is limited but non-lawyers, spouses, and partners are welcome, if not encouraged.
Let me know if you have any questions or dietary requests - email@example.com
For more about Robert Burns and Burns Suppers visit www.robertburns.org.